Mini Lamb Burgers with Roma Tomato & Goat Cheese
Yield: 14-16 Mini Burgers
1 1/2 lbs. ground lean lamb
1 1/2 lbs. ground beef (80/20)
1/2 cup minced onion
1 tbsp. minced garlic
1/4 cup chopped parsley
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
1 tbsp kosher salt
2 tsp fresh ground pepper
1 tbsp olive oil
12 slices roma tomatoes
8 oz. goat cheese
12 basil leaves
12 silver dollar rolls
- Sautee the onions and the garlic in the olive oil over medium heat until translucent (blonde).
- Le the onions and garlic cool, then mix together thoroughly with the meat, herbs, eggs, bread crumbs and spices.
- Form 14-16 patties and grill until temperature reaches 145 degrees F and then remove from the grill.
- Top the burgers with the roma tomato slices, basil and the goat cheese.
- Return to the grill until cheese is melted.
- Served on the silver dollar rolls (can be served with a good Garlic Aioli).