Lamb & Portobello Mushroom Brochettes on Rosemary Skewers
Yield: 24 Brochettes
24 pieces diced lamb leg meat (all fat and sinew removed; about 1 ½ lbs)
24 pieces portabella mushrooms: dice into ¾ x ¾ cubes (grills removed)
24 cherry tomatoes
24 rosemary skewers: 4 with 1 of rosemary left on tips
1 ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
½ cup balsamic vinaigrette
1 ½ tbsp minced shallot
1 tbsp chopped basil
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp fresh ground pepper
kosher salt for seasoning
- Skewer the lamb and mushroom onto the rosemary; reserve the tomato.
- Mix the olive oil, vinegar and spices to make vinaigrette.
- Brush the brochettes, seasoned with salt, and grill over hot coals until rare.
- Remove from the grill and skewer on the tomatoes.
- Return to the grill and cover. Cook to medium and serve.